Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She's Rolling!





This weekend I picked up the fork legs from the welder, as well as the new neck stem and axle that I had turned. Everything looked great and I was excited to get the front end on the bike to see what she looked like. While I was waiting on the parts I had cleaned, greased, and reassembled the rest of the front end, so putting it on the bike would be fast.









I greased the neck bearings, slid the neck into place, and installed it on the frame - the neck fit perfectly (I was a little bit worried). I installed the fork legs, wheel and axle, and again everything was perfect. I then bolted on a set of 3.5 gallon tanks. I got a great deal on these tanks, and they are much smaller physically than the 5 gallons tanks I had - much more appropriate for the slimmer front end (I just need to paint them). She was now a rolling bike!






I bolted on the only set of handle bars I had and rolled her out onto the lawn to take some pics. I don't really care for the handlebars, and I think the rear fender is too large, but that is what I have to work with for now. I still need to remove the horns, remove the OEM wiring harness and make a new one, and figure out a front brake, but here's what she looks like now:





No comments:

Post a Comment