Friday, January 1, 2010

Bevel Gears, Again



Yes, this is the same pic I left off with last post, and this is where I started again today. The more I thought about where I left the bevel gears the less I was happy with it. So...I went back and pulled the lower bevel gear, reshimmed, and reassembled. After about 6 hours of doing that over and over I finally figured it out and got it set correctly - the factory grind marks align perfectly with no backlash and no tight spots! Now I can sleep well and move onto the next thing...




...which was rewire the stator. All new wires and a little different configuration from the factory that I learned online. If you're into Ducati singles and not a member at http://www.motoscrubs.com/forum, then you really need to join.





\







The stator installed, wiring routed, and gland nut installed.







From here it's pretty much just basic assembly of the primary drive - clean, oil, install....

Here the rotor and drive gear are installed, along with the kickstart gears.





And the clutch hub after it received two new bearings. I still need to purchase new clutch springs, so this is about as far as I can take the primary side for now.



I did get to test the awsome goodness of one of my new Christmas presents - a cordless impact wrench. I was able to remove the camshaft nut without having to fabricate the special Ducati tool - SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment